Additional User-Level Information Now Available on Your Loan Prospector Invoice[February 21, 2006]
Based on your requests, starting this month, to make it even easier for you to reconcile your monthly Loan Prospector invoice, we're adding more transaction-level details to your invoice. You'll now find a Loan Prospector User ID associated with each Loan Prospector transaction. With this change, you'll have more information to help you further identify exactly which individuals within your organization are submitting transactions, allowing you to more effectively charge-back costs to different cost centers or branches. You'll also find this information helpful to better track Loan Prospector usage and ensure that only your authorized users are submitting transactions through Loan Prospector.
How to Take Advantage of This Information
Taking advantage of this new information is easy. Here's how:
- Within your transaction-level detail file, you'll see a new column labeled User ID. If you're a third-party originator, you'll receive this information as an HTML file along with your e-mail invoice. If you're a Freddie Mac Seller/Servicer, in addition to the invoice you receive in the mail, we'll also e-mail you a .dat or text file that will include your transaction-level details.
- Simply save your transaction-level detail file to your computer, and open it in a spreadsheet program such as Microsoft Excel.
- Once in the spreadsheet, you'll be able to sort or filter data by any of the fields listed. This tip is particularly helpful if you have several users or cost centers.
The User ID is made up of the company name and individual name separated by underscore. Example: company name_first initial and last name or abcmortgage_jsmith. It's also the same as the LP User Name you use to sign-in to Loan Prospector.
If you're using LoanProspector.com's system-to-system access method, because this access method requires only a company-level User ID, you will see only that User ID on your invoice for all transactions. Example: abcmortgage_lpsys2sys. This enhancement will not be available to customers using LP Classic®.
If you have any questions about this process or your Loan Prospector invoice, please email the Loan Prospector billing department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keep Your Loan Prospector User Information Secure
As always, be sure to maintain the security of your Loan Prospector User IDs and passwords. Here are a few helpful tips to keep in mind:
- Maintain a record of your User ID and password.
- Instruct employees to change their passwords every 90 days, or sooner, and keep their passwords confidential.
- Order an unique User ID and password for every employee in your office (these should not be shared).
- Never share User IDs and passwords with others employees.
- Notify Freddie Mac immediately of employee terminations, so we can revoke old passwords, by updating this information on the Account Maintenance page on LoanProspector.com.
- Never use a password that is the same as your User ID, or vice-versa.
- Review the User IDs on your invoice for accuracy and to ensure that only authorized users are submitting transactions through Loan Prospector.